Is there a way to recover the Office 2010 Starter when doing a Windows 7 Recovery?

Bmac43

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
My wife's HP Desktop is 5 years old. It's having some issues, so my son decided to try the Factory Recovery option in the BIOS setup utility. He completed the process and the Office 2010 Starter Program is not there. As a second option, if he redid the recovery using the Recovery Discs that he made when the computer was brand new, could we expect to get the Office 2010 Starter program? As a third option, if we bought recovery discs from HP (or their vendor), would the Office 2010 Starter Program that came with the computer 5 years ago be restored?

Solution
If it was preinstalled, the HP Factory Reset should have installed that as well.

If it is absolutely not there, and you don't want to buy actual Office (understandable), consider one of the free alternatives.
LibreOffice, for instance.

USAFRet

Titan

Was the Office Starter preinstalled?
If so, then it should have been reinstalled with the Factory Reset.

If not, then you'd need to have discovered the original license key.

So...was this preinstalled, or something you bought and installed?

Bmac43

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

It came with all HP's at the time as a freebie. We could use the Office 2010 Starter (stripped down version) at no cost or buy the full version office. My wife and son think a download was required but my recollection is that the starter software was already included without downloading anything. I'm asking because my wife doesn't need more than the basic functionality of the Starter. My understanding is that Mircrosoft stopped providing the Starter option a couple years ago because too many people's needs were met by the Starter version and they didn't subsequently but the full version. No sense spending $150 +/- if we don't need all the bells and whistles of the full version.