[SOLVED] Is there a way to remove DLSS version indicator without fully reinstalling drivers?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I was installing drivers using NVCleanInstall to avoid installing GeForce Experience app with drivers (Windows 10 RTX 2060 Studio Drivers 516.59)
I though DLSS indicator might be a necessary component for getting DLSS information while it's just an overlay in every game with DLSS and it can't be turned off!
is there a way to remove this specific component without touching the others or having to fully reinstall drivers again? thanks

here is how it looks like in games if you're curious: https://pasteboard.co/Q6OJjgmtQFre.png

Solution
The only indication that I'm getting that there would be a DLSS overlay is if some sort of development tool or SDK was installed. You could try seeing if something like that exists in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. If you can't then you'll have to uninstall (with DDU since I don't now if the normal uninstall things would remove it) and reinstall.

Also you don't need NVCleanInstall to avoid installing GeForce Experience. Just don't select "NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience"

ek1tV3g.png
The only indication that I'm getting that there would be a DLSS overlay is if some sort of development tool or SDK was installed. You could try seeing if something like that exists in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. If you can't then you'll have to uninstall (with DDU since I don't now if the normal uninstall things would remove it) and reinstall.

Also you don't need NVCleanInstall to avoid installing GeForce Experience. Just don't select "NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience"

ek1tV3g.png

Solution

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020

ek1tV3g.png
Oh thank you! I looked but there was no option indicating I can turn that off or anything, it is apparently just something that will always stay there if installed (might have some weird shortcut or something for developers but I couldn't figure that out by slamming the keyboard)
I've had issues installing drivers in the first place so I didn't want to go through it all again so thought I'd ask before wiping, I successfully reinstalled drivers again after cleaning it with DDU, didn't check dlss indicator and problem is solved.