[SOLVED] Is there an adapter for a mini displayport monitor input to male to GPU output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllNerdessesBeware

Prominent
May 29, 2022
Here's the story, I have a monitor that is hardwired with a mini display port male that plugs into my old graphics card. My old graphics card has 2x mini displayport outputs and I was able to use my monitor normally. My new graphics card has a display port output. But no mini displayport output.

My question is, is it possible to convert the female display port output from my GPU to the male mini display port input of my monitors hardwired cable? Is there an adapter, being an active or a passiva adapter. What would I need so I don't have to get a new monitor. I am trying to avoid getting a new monitor because I really like the one that I have. I have scoured the internet looking for a direct answer, granted lots of adapters to choose from but no direct answer. I am hopeful someone can buy me a clue.

System specs:
Old graphics card - HIS IceQ Turbo Radeon HD 6950 2GB
New graphics card - Nvidia 2060 super 8GB

Monitor details:
Apple Cinema Display 27" a1316

Like I said the monitor was working fine with the old graphics card I'm hoping to achieve the same with my new graphics card. I really just need help picking an adapter.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.

AllNerdessesBeware

Prominent
May 29, 2022
Yes the monitor has a hardwired mini displayport input. By that I mean it's undetachable from the monitor. So I need an adapter turn the hardwired out to the displayport in on my GPU.

InvalidError

Titan
Yes the monitor has a hardwired mini displayport input. By that I mean it's undetachable from the monitor. So I need an adapter turn the hardwired out to the displayport in on my GPU.
If you want to connect an mDP monitor to a DP port on the GPU, then all you should need is a cable with an mDP plug at one end and DP one at the other. Pretty standard stuff.

The other option would be to use a standard DP cable with a DP/F-to-mDP/M adapter on the monotir. Alternately, you could take the bet that you will have sources with mDP in the future and use an mDP-to-mDP cable with a DP/M-to-mDP/F adapter at the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.