[SOLVED] is there any all in one Diagnostic kit for motherboards ?

Jun 29, 2018
is there any all in one Diagnostic kit for motherboards/memory/HDD ?

That is it has connectors to the mobo and has Dimm Slots and HDD ports , PCIe cards to test the slots , and it tests all when plugged ?

Solution

That is it has connectors to the mobo and has Dimm Slots and HDD ports , PCIe cards to test the slots , and it tests all when plugged ?

With all the possible combinations of PCIe slots, CPU sockets, USB ports, on-board video ports, SATA/M.2/U.2/eSATA ports and now even RGB and fan ports such a test rig would have to be extremely complex. I imagine at least some manufacturers have such a rig but it's doubtless going to be very involved and require a lot of time to set up and, depending on types of signal emulation and measuring it does, calibrate. It has to consider all those possible variations they make or might make. Either that or it would be peculiar...

With all the possible combinations of PCIe slots, CPU sockets, USB ports, on-board video ports, SATA/M.2/U.2/eSATA ports and now even RGB and fan ports such a test rig would have to be extremely complex. I imagine at least some manufacturers have such a rig but it's doubtless going to be very involved and require a lot of time to set up and, depending on types of signal emulation and measuring it does, calibrate. It has to consider all those possible variations they make or might make. Either that or it would be peculiar to a particular model or range of models.

And then, I don't think they have an example of every CPU type (CPU vs. APU for instance) on hand during production testing. So even with such a rig all they'll do is continuity testing, maybe some signal emulation to assess integrity of the data path between CPU and memory and PCIe slots and possibly look for key voltages and that's about it.

So in other words: it would be way to costly for even big repair shops, and to difficult and time consuming to set up for a specific board anyway, and thus not have a market.

Solution