[SOLVED] Is there any better subnetmask and ip for gaming?

Mar 5, 2019
Hello , thanks for Reading, i would like to get the máximum performance for online games i would like to know if there is some ip and subnetmask better tan others for gaming , and in that case which ones . Actually i have the subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Solution
So 255.0.0.0 has teh same Benefit that 255.255.255.0 . In case i connect directly th modem to my pc what should i change ? Thanks
There isn't a performance improvement. There might be a degredation from too generic a netmask. The netmask helps identify what IP address ranges your device can directly connect to. If you have a 192.168.1.x IP address then the only possible IP addresses your home router will provide are 192.168.1.n and a final ".0" netmask will allow your device to connect directly to all possible IP addresses your router could manage. If you have a router that can generate IPs in the 192.168.1.n to 192.168.2.n then you need a netmask that will allow your device to connect to any of those IP addresses.

If...

kanewolf

Titan
Your subnet mask is relative to the DHCP server you are using, usually your router. Unless you chose to directly connect your PC to your modem and allow your PC to have direct internet access, there is no benefit from changing anything

Mar 5, 2019
Your subnet mask is relative to the DHCP server you are using, usually your router. Unless you chose to directly connect your PC to your modem and allow your PC to have direct internet access, there is no benefit from changing anything
So 255.0.0.0 has teh same Benefit that 255.255.255.0 . In case i connect directly th modem to my pc what should i change ? Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
There isn't a performance improvement. There might be a degredation from too generic a netmask. The netmask helps identify what IP address ranges your device can directly connect to. If you have a 192.168.1.x IP address then the only possible IP addresses your home router will provide are 192.168.1.n and a final ".0" netmask will allow your device to connect directly to all possible IP addresses your router could manage. If you have a router that can generate IPs in the 192.168.1.n to 192.168.2.n then you need a netmask that will allow your device to connect to any of those IP addresses.

If you connect to your modem directly, you should use whatever the DHCP server provides. Unless you are setting a static IP address, there is no reason to manually set a netmask.

Solution
Mar 5, 2019

If you connect to your modem directly, you should use whatever the DHCP server provides. Unless you are setting a static IP address, there is no reason to manually set a netmask.
Thank you so much thats all i need to know :9

If you directly connect to modem, your box will get a public IP, (1)You will be exposed to the dangerous Internet, (2)Nobody else in your household will be able to use the Internet.

Where did you read changing your IP does anything to performance?