[SOLVED] is there any thing i can do to balance temperature between cores?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ottis

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
my cpu is amd 5800x.
new build system.
one of my cores go higher then others.
it get significantly higher when on load.
the thing is that it's make my cpu fan spin faster and noisy.
i already set the fan curve on bios a bit flatter.
but sometimes, for example when i use servilo streaming along with chrome ( which is also power hungry) that core goes up to 80+ Celsius while others does not cross 50 c.
actually it's no while streaming with servilo, but when the app makes defragging.
i read here that it's normal that one core will work harder ( which is btw stupid to me) since many programs are single core.
actually i am not sure if its actually the core since it say on hwmonitor "tmpin".
someone here wrote:
"not anything useful you can do about it either.
well, I suppose in your overclock settings you could reduce the multiplier for the hot core. ".
i'm not doing o.c but my XMP is enabled.
the question ifs if there any thing i can do to spread the load between cores?

Last edited:
Solution
Ryzen master is kind of an app/program?
i use HWMonitor.
edit: o.k i found this.
actually i don't think that i am kind of a user to use it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjTA-k3TZc
RyzenMaster is an overclocking program released by AMD. It's intended audience is extreme overclockers, as those who engage in overclocking demonstrations and competitions. It's not really a tool for 24/7 users, although many do.

HWMonitor isn't always Ryzen friendly as it's frequently in error and not well understood what many of it's sensor reports really are.

The best tool to use is HWInfo64. In addition to a massive load of sensor data it explains what many (most) of the reports are in tool-tip...
Ryzen master is kind of an app/program?
i use HWMonitor.
edit: o.k i found this.
actually i don't think that i am kind of a user to use it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjTA-k3TZc
RyzenMaster is an overclocking program released by AMD. It's intended audience is extreme overclockers, as those who engage in overclocking demonstrations and competitions. It's not really a tool for 24/7 users, although many do.

HWMonitor isn't always Ryzen friendly as it's frequently in error and not well understood what many of it's sensor reports really are.

The best tool to use is HWInfo64. In addition to a massive load of sensor data it explains what many (most) of the reports are in tool-tip notes. It also is an excellent system info tool, digging into the details of most of your hardware. It will lay out what your CPU's core ranking order is, as well the the CPPC order that Windows' scheduler uses to load cores. And lastly, you can create sensor graphing charts on the desktop to monitor, for instance, how each core's clocks and utilization change with time as the scheduler shuffles processing loads between them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS