Question Is there any way to download Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel other than the Microsoft Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone, for the last 2 days i've been trying to find a way to download the Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel software from the internet (not from the microsoft store) and from what i've seen you cannot download that software from anywhere else only in the microsoft store, but if you didn't know if you download Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel in the microsoft store it says "Error Installing" with an error code "0x803FB005", i've tried everything resetting microsoft store, clearing cache etc and nothing worked. Is there any other way to download Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel? Because i cannot use my touchpad with my keyboard at the same time. I need to change a setting from the app called "Palmcheck" i think and gaming with this setting disabled in unplayable. If you ask "have you updated your drivers" yeah i'm not that stupid i know what to do and i have updated my drivers and still nothing worked, so is there any other way to download it? Thank you

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Have you checked your computer OEM's support pages?

I have never had an instance where downloading and installing a new Synaptics Touchpad Driver did not include the control panel, as they are part and parcel of each other.

That's been true on every laptop I've ever worked on with a Synaptics Touchpad, and the best source is your computer OEM's support page.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Have you checked your computer OEM's support pages?

I have never had an instance where downloading and installing a new Synaptics Touchpad Driver did not include the control panel, as they are part and parcel of each other.

That's been true on every laptop I've ever worked on with a Synaptics Touchpad, and the best source is your computer OEM's support page.
Yeah i forgot to include it in the descriptions but yeah i checked HP's website and it has only the driver not the software so yeah ofc i have checked, it was the first website that popped in my mind

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Yeah i forgot to include it in the descriptions but yeah i checked HP's website and it has only the driver not the software so yeah ofc i have checked, it was the first website that popped in my mind

The problem is you're ignoring precisely what I just told you. The control panel for a Touchpad is part and parcel of the driver package. When you install the driver package you will often get a separate item in the Control Panel that reads Synaptics Touchpad with the static logo and you will also have a tab added (Device Settings) if you open the Mouse item, that leads to the same control panel.

You do not get a device driver for a touchpad without the set of controls needed to adjust it.

I have an HP machine, and the latest Synaptics Touchpad driver for mine (and probably all of them) is from November 2018: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92936.exe

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
The problem is you're ignoring precisely what I just told you. The control panel for a Touchpad is part and parcel of the driver package. When you install the driver package you will often get a separate item in the Control Panel that reads Synaptics Touchpad with the static logo and you will also have a tab added (Device Settings) if you open the Mouse item, that leads to the same control panel.

You do not get a device driver for a touchpad without the set of controls needed to adjust it.

I have an HP machine, and the latest Synaptics Touchpad driver for mine (and probably all of them) is from November 2018: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92936.exe
I'm not an idiot dude, i have the tab in the mouse section and it says "TouchPad" but i do not see anywhere saying "settings" or something else to go to the Synaptics control panel only a tab saying "touchpad" and there it has the touchpad driver info it doesn't say settings anywhere in that tab, and the latest driver is the december 2018

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Then uninstall the device and driver and reinstall it using what HP supplies.

I cannot help it that your system has become corrupted and I can assure you that what HP supplies from their support page does include the Synaptics Touchpad control panel as part of the driver software.

It's that simple and I have nothing more to say to someone who ignores correct advice, freely given.

Corruptions do happen, and generally a complete uninstall of the device and its driver, and a reinstall afterward fixes it. Of course, having a mouse at hand to complete the process will be required.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Then uninstall the device and driver and reinstall it using what HP supplies.

I cannot help it that your system has become corrupted and I can assure you that what HP supplies from their support page does include the Synaptics Touchpad control panel as part of the driver software.

It's that simple and I have nothing more to say to someone who ignores correct advice, freely given.

Corruptions do happen, and generally a complete uninstall of the device and its driver, and a reinstall afterward fixes it. Of course, having a mouse at hand to complete the process will be required.
I literally uninstalled the driver yesterday and still nothing, you say "who ingores correct advice" you talk to me like i don't know from computers which i actually do very well, i have literally done everything from what you said days ago and nothing happened (i'm not mad or anything if it seemed like that then sorry)

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I am, then, at a complete loss.

You could try doing a WIndows 10 repair install, then try reinstalling the driver after that.

You talk about getting something from the Microsoft Store which makes me presume you may have downloaded and installed something related to the Synaptics Touchpad in the past. This could very well be what's interfering, but I can't say that for certain.

What I can say for certain is that every touchpad driver, whether Synaptics, Elan, or otherwise, that I have ever dealt with has the full settings control panel for that device as an integral part of the software. I have no idea why uninstalling the device, removing the existing driver as part of that uninstall, and running the OEM driver installer would not solve this problem under normal circumstances.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I am, then, at a complete loss.

You could try doing a WIndows 10 repair install, then try reinstalling the driver after that.

You talk about getting something from the Microsoft Store which makes me presume you may have downloaded and installed something related to the Synaptics Touchpad in the past. This could very well be what's interfering, but I can't say that for certain.

What I can say for certain is that every touchpad driver, whether Synaptics, Elan, or otherwise, that I have ever dealt with has the full settings control panel for that device as an integral part of the software. I have no idea why uninstalling the device, removing the existing driver as part of that uninstall, and running the OEM driver installer would not solve this problem under normal circumstances.
I bought the laptop last week and installed Windows 10 that day and it would be useless to do a windows 10 repair. I haven't downloaded anything from the microsoft store something related to the synaptics touchpad software. I know the driver comes with it's software but apparently for me it doesn't, not sure why yet but i will sooner or later. As you said it comes with the full settings but for me i can't change any settings it only says the driver info and that's it.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If this laptop is that new then your best bet is to return it, promptly.

Having an issue like this with a basic piece of the hardware at a week old does not bode well and should never be happening in the first place.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
If this laptop is that new then your best bet is to return it, promptly.

Having an issue like this with a basic piece of the hardware at a week old does not bode well and should never be happening in the first place.
I said bought it? Removed i forgot my dad found this laptop in the streets and it's a year old my mistake sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Just for the record, you might be surprised if you tried either another completely clean install of Windows 10 or a repair install.

There are times when something goes wrong, a small something, during an install that will not cripple the system but that's still not correct.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Just for the record, you might be surprised if you tried either another completely clean install of Windows 10 or a repair install.

There are times when something goes wrong, a small something, during an install that will not cripple the system but that's still not correct.
This laptop that my dad found, had 2 accounts and probably lots of stuff, i couldn't enter because it had a password and i couldn't remove the password they had put a bitlocker on the c: drive and i had to reinstall fresh windows 10 last week. I think of doing again a complete reinstall of windows 10 which i cba because i lots of stuff in the laptop but i'll see what i'll do thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.