Question Is there any way to lock peripherals to a specific application instance?

Dec 7, 2019
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows any way to lock a peripheral like keyboard or gamepad to a specific instance of an application. Exactly what I would like to do is to lock my gamepad to one instance of Final Fantasy XI and also disable keyboard controls to this same instance, while running a second instance of Final Fantasy XI on another monitor and having the gamepad disabled on that one, thus enabling my girlfriend and I to both play together on the same computer using separate peripherals. Creating a second install directory for another instance would be possible if necessary. I was thinking this may be able to be achieved with an Auto-Hotkey script but I don't know. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
The term you're looking for is multiseat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiseat_configuration

In a gaming situation, a LOT depends on your hardware and the game requirements.
So what are you working with?

Dec 7, 2019
Well, the system requirements on the game are low, I'm able to run multiple instances of it without any drop in framerate and alt-tabbing between windows to control each character individually. As far as my system right now I'm running Windows 10 home 64-bit, AMD Phenom II 955 x4, GTX 1050ti and 16gb ram. I will definitely look into Multiseat. Thanks for your reply!