Is there any way to stop laptop from using battery when plugged in?

Oct 19, 2021
Hello guys.
I have a laptop with non-removable battery. When I play games the battery drains very fast (fully drained at almost one hour and half.)
I know it might seem crazy but I was curious if I can plug laptop into charge and make it run directly from adapter, not battery.

(English isn't my mother language, sorry if there's any problem with my writing)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is telling you the adapter does not provide enough power to run the laptop under a full load. What you need for extended gaming sessions is a more powerful charger.

65W in 90W drain, it is going to use the battery. Get yourself a larger compatible charger and you should be able to charge the battery while gaming.

Reactions: CTA hat
Oct 19, 2021
That is telling you the adapter does not provide enough power to run the laptop under a full load. What you need for extended gaming sessions is a more powerful charger.

65W in 90W drain, it is going to use the battery. Get yourself a larger compatible charger and you should be able to charge the battery while gaming.
Thanks, but I actually don't want to use battery while gaming.( something like old laptops which you could change the battery yourself) Cause I heard it's not good for battery life to use it while charging ( is that even true?)

Thanks, but I actually don't want to use battery while gaming.( something like old laptops which you could change the battery yourself) Cause I heard it's not good for battery life to use it while charging ( is that even true?)
Using it while charging is not a problem. Using the laptop and keeping the battery permanently at 100% will reduce the battery life. Some laptops have a battery care or similar option where you can tell it to stop charging at say 80% if you use the laptop mainly while plugged in.

With a gaming laptop it’s possible even with a higher wattage power supply that it still occasionally needs the battery. Let’s say you get a 95w power supply and the laptop averages 80w while gaming, it can still slowly charge. However it might have very brief spikes in power >100w. If it can’t get that from the supply then it needs for that moment to take additional power from the battery.

Reactions: CTA hat