[SOLVED] Is there anyone using TENDA CPE as repeater with non CPE router?

hero355

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
Hello I bought an Tenda OS3 5km 5gh CPE for using to extend from my office to my home via Universal repeater option. But I cannot get it work. Saw many youtube tutorial but mine is always have problem. is anyone using this device? Any advice?

Solution
After trying 3 days I was able to get it working, but the problem is When i repeating the wifi I cannot change wifi name to another it doesnt get internet, It has to be same name and password of main wifi name.
You may be limited to just the remote WIFI. You should be able to use the ethernet cable to drive another WIFI access point or router. That is the way that unit was designed to be used.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello I bought an Tenda OS3 5km 5gh CPE for using to extend from my office to my home via Universal repeater option. But I cannot get it work. Saw many youtube tutorial but mine is always have problem. is anyone using this device? Any advice?
How do you have the unit configured? As a receiver of WIFI from your home ?
Did you try to configure it while inside your house? Just a laptop connected to it?

hero355

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
After trying 3 days I was able to get it working, but the problem is When i repeating the wifi I cannot change wifi name to another it doesnt get internet, It has to be same name and password of main wifi name.

kanewolf

Titan
You may be limited to just the remote WIFI. You should be able to use the ethernet cable to drive another WIFI access point or router. That is the way that unit was designed to be used.

Reactions: hero355
Solution