[SOLVED] Is there anything I should do when buying a used GPU?

Dec 30, 2019
I recently bought an rx 580 nitro 4GB for £80. Is there anything I should do to check it’s working well and properly. It was bought with eBay and supposed to be in perfect working condition. Just wondering if I should test or something before settling for it.

Solution
Does it have a return window? Near 100% positive feedback for the seller?

First thing I'd do is run GPUz at it. Make sure the numbers all match. You want to make sure it's not a lower card that's been made to look like a 580. I'd also run games on it and make sure it doesn't shut down and the performance is where it should be. As long as GPUz says the right things and you get the performance you should, at least you know you bought a 580 and not something else programmed to look like a 580.

Because it's used you have no way of knowing what it's been through. All you can do is use it for a few days and make sure there is nothing wrong with it right now. The fan might be 95% used up and you'll have no way to tell that. But as...

4745454b

Titan
Does it have a return window? Near 100% positive feedback for the seller?

First thing I'd do is run GPUz at it. Make sure the numbers all match. You want to make sure it's not a lower card that's been made to look like a 580. I'd also run games on it and make sure it doesn't shut down and the performance is where it should be. As long as GPUz says the right things and you get the performance you should, at least you know you bought a 580 and not something else programmed to look like a 580.

Because it's used you have no way of knowing what it's been through. All you can do is use it for a few days and make sure there is nothing wrong with it right now. The fan might be 95% used up and you'll have no way to tell that. But as long as it doesn't fail right now you'll probably be good. I've bought a few used GPUs from forums like this and never had a problem. I wouldn't try ebay.

Solution
Dec 30, 2019
The person has had 100 percent positive reviews in all his selling transactions and everything matches up in gpu-z, haven’t ran into any issues so far.