Question Is there anyway to enable G-sync via the motherboard port?

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I have my g-sync monitor plugged into the motherboard and the gpu works through it. But, I cannot enable g-sync. I can't even use any of the functions or features of nvidia control panel. Is there anyway to enable all of that without having to port the monitor to the gpu itself? Thanks.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
Go to the Nvidia Control Panel (right-click the desktop, then click Nvidia Control Panel from the drop-down menu) on your computer. Go to Manage 3D settings and ensure that the monitor technology is set to G-Sync. Check the box next to Enable G-Sync, G-Sync Compatible. Select your display.
There are no options for customization at all when the monitors plugged into the motherboard. Theres usually a list of options with g-sync available on it. when its plugged into the motherboard you can still go to manage 3d settings but theres nothing in there about gsync. Imgur: The magic of the Internet That's it from the mobo. and this is it from the gpu Imgur: The magic of the Internet

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
It's because the NVIDIA GPU isn't driving the motherboard ports, but the integrated GPU in the processor (if one is present). G-Sync is only available on NVIDIA GPUs.
I know right. They need to bundle it like gaming console processors and just plug and play from the one. I think you just soldier an F chip to the GPU. hahaha. Or an amd chip I guess.

Sep 15, 2023
You can enable, not G-Sync, but Adaptive Sync. Intel UHD Graphics supports Adaptive Sync on any G-Sync Compatible/Freesync monitor, e.g. in my case: UHD 730 + Dell S2522HG connected to my motherboard via DisplayPort. Adative Sync was detected and automatically enabled.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
You can enable, not G-Sync, but Adaptive Sync. Intel UHD Graphics supports Adaptive Sync on any G-Sync Compatible/Freesync monitor, e.g. in my case: UHD 730 + Dell S2522HG connected to my motherboard via DisplayPort. Adative Sync was detected and automatically enabled.
So, the laptops don't have to run from the gpu to freesync? That is epic!

TRENDING THREADS