Question Is there anyway to keep the xbox controller in a window?

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I usually play steam games with a controller in a window on a secondary monitor. And I always have to tab out to switch to the next youtube video ect. And never thought maybe theres a way to tab out without losing controller functionality so I could browse with mouse and keyboard on one monitor and still have control of the game in the window on the secondary monitor with the controller.

It depends on the game. Some games respond to a controller no matter if the window's in focus or not, other's require that the window be in focus to accept inputs.

I know Cyberpunk 2077 accepts controller inputs regardless of window focus or if another game is responding to it.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
It depends on the game. Some games respond to a controller no matter if the window's in focus or not, other's require that the window be in focus to accept inputs.

I know Cyberpunk 2077 accepts controller inputs regardless of window focus or if another game is responding to it.
oh noway. thats awesome. sucks it had to be written into the game. halo infinite it doesnt really matter but like I kept giving myself seizures trying to tab out for 10 seconds everytime I died. lol

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I'm sure there are other tools like this around, they let you choose a program and will keep that always activated.
nice, ill try it i have a feeling itll let you out with the mouse to click but then return. so like you would have to pull the cursor away from the crosshair everytime but it might work out. thanks