Is there enough power for my system/ Also ok for basic gaming

haybale64

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
I have build this little system out of spare parts but i want to known is there enough power for the system and is it ok for basic gaming please. specs
DEEPCOOL D-SHIELD
Thermaltake Litepower 450W
1090T not overclocked
8gb DDR3 1333mhz
Cooler Master Hyper 103 with led fan
1tb wd black hard drive
Cd drive
2 led fans and a non led one
GA-880GM-UD2H rev 1.3
Gigbyte 660 ti 2gb

Solution

ooh didnt see it was the black edition, but yeah if he did it would blow

haybale64

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013

Will the system be stable as i don't want any problems with the system please and do you think it will run some of the lastest games please

the GPU is still pretty good for low-meds, but i dunno bout the CPU since it's pretty old... [despite having 6 cores]
imo i think u can run some games just fine, if the fps is bad, try lowering the settings and find the sweet spot of the performance/quality :)

ooh didnt see it was the black edition, but yeah if he did it would blow

Solution

richardmead

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Just to be safe I'd grab a slightly more powerful PSU, so you've got the ability to upgrade in the future without too much hassle.

I've still got a GTX780 in my PC and can run the Witcher 3 at high settings without dropping below 60fps. Your PC will be fine for gaming, however slight tip....

I've got a 2TB HDD and a 500GB SSD. I've nearly filled up the harddrive from the amount of games (and more specifically mods) I've downloaded. I'd suggest installing the OS and antivirus on an SSD and manually assign your game libraries to D:\Games\ as your PC will boot up faster thanks to the SSD and HDD being separate.

275$ would be the absolute max price for it.
It's got a really old and quite weak cpu compared to what we have now. A mid range card from 2013 a generic motherboard a low en psu, generic case, basic 8gb of ram, basic 1tb hdd and a cheap aftermarket cooler.