[SOLVED] Is there is any need for updating bios to pair ryzen 5 3600 with Msi pro vdh max

Feb 29, 2020
I am going to build these setup is everything fine or should I make changes

Msi pro vdh max
Ryzen 5 3600
asus 2060 super 8gb
Corsair 3000 MHz 8 x 2
Corsair carbide specs 5
Vs550
1tb wd 7200 hdd
240gb wd m.2

And also plz tell me which monitor should I use
Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Yep I will go with a free sync va panel monitor.But the most important thing is that the peripherals like mouse and keyboard plz suggest me one I have confusion between razer deathadder elite and Logitech g402 which one should I buy??
Never used a g402. I had a Razer Deathadder Elite and liked it but recently changed to the Corsair M65 Pro RGB and find it slightly more accurate.
As above the Max range come 3000 series ready so no BUOS update needed. We also need to know GPU, types of games you play and budget to try suggesting a monitor. I also would not recommend a VS PSU, they are the lowest quality in the Corsair range and not suited for a gaming pc.

Reactions: AngelTech
Feb 29, 2020
What's your budget for a monitor and what's your country? It'll help us determine what's best for you.
Have you purchased your PSU yet?
What GPU will you be using?
The MAX series is specifically made for ryzen 3000 compatibility so no.
Bro I am from India I havent purchased any psu and I forgot to mention that I am gonna use asus 2060 super 8gb gpu. My budget for buying cpu is about 150$ thank you replying

With a 2060 Super and R5 3600 I’d be looking at 1080p 144Hz-165Hz monitors. Not sure what is available in India and the prices but there are really 3 types of panel TN<VA<IPS assuming you get versions with low response times. You then have the option of G-Sync of Freesync but with Freesync you want to read reviews and make sure that monitor works well with an NVidia GPU.

I definitely would not risk that system with a VS PSU.

Feb 29, 2020
As above the Max range come 3000 series ready so no BUOS update needed. We also need to know GPU, types of games you play and budget to try suggesting a monitor. I also would not recommend a VS PSU, they are the lowest quality in the Corsair range and not suited for a gaming pc.
Thanks for you suggestion:)
I am gonna use 2060 super 8gb in these build and one more thing Is that should I other psu because there are only Corsair,thermaltake,coolemaster,antes etc are the top brands on india and indian pc builder community suggested me that vs series is on top they always suggest to use Corsair vs series because it is too cheap. Would you like to suggest any other psu because the top psu brands like seasonic are not yet available in India.Thanks for your reply regarding monitor it will be helpful for me too and can you please also for the peripherals like mouse and keyboard for gaming

Feb 29, 2020
Any Indian tech websites you can buy stuff from and what's your budget in you country for a PSU + monitor?
My budget for monitor and psu is around 300$
What other Corsair PSU ranges are available? VS is Corsair’s lowest grade psu range.
should I got with antec 550w gold + certified . one question is arising after seeing the reviews that many reviews are about that when they apply g-sync the screen get buffers and other are saying that when we use better gpu than 1070ti they doesn’t feel any problems and there is another problem with that monitor it has 144 hz rate too but having 4 ms so would you suggest to extend my budget to buy a good monitor.There is also a one monitor that having 144 hz and 1ms speed but it doesn’t have g-sync it has Radeon sync and free sync but reviews are telling that the according to nvidia that a nvidia get synced with free sync is that true

Last edited:
Yes that Antec would be a much better choice for PSU.

That is why I said read reviews, that sounds like a Freesync monitor that doesn’t work well with G-Sync. G-Sync/Freesync helps significantly when you suffer FPS drops. Now that might not be a big problem now but in 1-2 years when game requirements have become higher you will like benefit a lot. You don’t need G-Sync/Freesync but it’s nice to have if in budget.

Feb 29, 2020
Yes that Antec would be a much better choice for PSU.

That is why I said read reviews, that sounds like a Freesync monitor that doesn’t work well with G-Sync. G-Sync/Freesync helps significantly when you suffer FPS drops. Now that might not be a big problem now but in 1-2 years when game requirements have become higher you will like benefit a lot. You don’t need G-Sync/Freesync but it’s nice to have if in budget.
Yep I will go with a free sync va panel monitor.But the most important thing is that the peripherals like mouse and keyboard plz suggest me one I have confusion between razer deathadder elite and Logitech g402 which one should I buy??

Never used a g402. I had a Razer Deathadder Elite and liked it but recently changed to the Corsair M65 Pro RGB and find it slightly more accurate.

Reactions: Samarth04
Solution