Jighost

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
www.twitch.tv
is there a HD difference between a 165 hz and 60hz like
quality wise , is the image gonna be clearer ? if they both 1920x 1080
I have a k242hl and I bought a MSI Optix G27C4 27"

Solution
Also consider with refresh rate if you're going to be starting at it for hours and hours lower refresh rates can cause headaches. I have to have a refresh rate of 75 and above to not get a headache.

As Isokolon said higher pixel density is higher picture quality.

It also matters how much RAM and what Mhz it is.

My PC has 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 which will render 4k Ultra but a slight lag/delay depending on the amount of detail and size of image.
(works outstandingly good for the old school games I like to play that have very clean VGA and EVGA graphics.)

With 32 GB RAM 4400MHz DDR4 it is a very noticeably difference in render time.

check out the link below for more detailed information about pixel density...
no. it's only the refreshrate. so movements will be smoother.

for picture quality there's 3 things:
  • pixel density. the higher the pixel density (/smaller the screen size at same resolution) the sharper it looks
  • colour (obviously vivid colours look better than washed out ones)
  • contrast

a 165 Hz panel is only smoother than a 60 Hz panel but image quality-wise can be actually worse.

Reactions: Jighost

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Also consider with refresh rate if you're going to be starting at it for hours and hours lower refresh rates can cause headaches. I have to have a refresh rate of 75 and above to not get a headache.

As Isokolon said higher pixel density is higher picture quality.

It also matters how much RAM and what Mhz it is.

My PC has 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 which will render 4k Ultra but a slight lag/delay depending on the amount of detail and size of image.
(works outstandingly good for the old school games I like to play that have very clean VGA and EVGA graphics.)

With 32 GB RAM 4400MHz DDR4 it is a very noticeably difference in render time.

check out the link below for more detailed information about pixel density
resolution-vs-pixel density

Solution
no. it's only the refreshrate. so movements will be smoother.

for picture quality there's 3 things:
  • pixel density. the higher the pixel density (/smaller the screen size at same resolution) the sharper it looks
  • colour (obviously vivid colours look better than washed out ones)
  • contrast
a 165 Hz panel is only smoother than a 60 Hz panel but image quality-wise can be actually worse.
It is worth noting that the MSI Optix screen is a VA panel though, which should offer better colors and higher contrast (deeper blacks) than the Acer screen, which is a TN panel. Those things are not directly related to the higher refresh rate though.