[SOLVED] Is there Software with wich I can clone a MacOS bootdrive onto another one drive on Windows 10?

RoccatKanga

Prominent
May 10, 2019
please tell me :)

Also, would both need to be connected at the same time, or could it be buffered on the Windows machine (storage not an issue)

Solution
to clarify what you are asking: are you looking to simply clone the drive for use in another mac? or to use and run on a pc?

i took it at first as you want to clone an OS X drive to work on a windows pc. but now i am reading it as you simply want a program that will let you clone the drive from windows.

which way is right as i confused myself :)

this will let you access the drive in windows. i've used it in the past and it's good for 15 days so you have time to tinker a bit. i did not clone a drive with it but i did access files and make an image multiple times using it. it may clone as well. find it here

linux will natively read the drive if you have a distro but i have no idea how to clone the drive using it. but it will...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i don't think so. OS X works so differently that its not easy to get them both working together on non mac hardware. usually to do this, you have to get OS X working first and then through boot camp install and get widows running.

knowing this i don't think there is a way to have windows on there first and then get OS X running after the fact. it just does not work like that.

but if there is a way to do it, your best shot at a good answer is to check out tonymac site as they focus on all things like this

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
to clarify what you are asking: are you looking to simply clone the drive for use in another mac? or to use and run on a pc?

i took it at first as you want to clone an OS X drive to work on a windows pc. but now i am reading it as you simply want a program that will let you clone the drive from windows.

which way is right as i confused myself :)

this will let you access the drive in windows. i've used it in the past and it's good for 15 days so you have time to tinker a bit. i did not clone a drive with it but i did access files and make an image multiple times using it. it may clone as well. find it here

linux will natively read the drive if you have a distro but i have no idea how to clone the drive using it. but it will let you access the info easily enough natively.

Last edited:
Solution