[SOLVED] Is there solution for a corrupted hard disk drive ?

Ahazuerus

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hi all, I was wondering if there is a solution for my corrupted 3 TB hard drive.
I can play some games but it's a bit hard when it comes to installing. When ever I download steam games it always says "CORRUPT DISK" or Disk write error or something like that. Installations from game installers get interrupted as well with the same problem so I have to go to the drive's properties then use the Error checking tool of windows 10 but it does not work all the time. I still don't have the budget to buy a new one so I'm stuck with this.

I was wondering if there's a software or a tool that I can download to at least give a temporary or a good solution for the problem. Thanks in advance !!

Ahazuerus

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
and why not?

depend. if it hardware issue or software.

I'm not really sure why it's not working all the time , I mean whenever I install some games sometimes it successfully installs usually when it's under 10gb, but 20 gb and up window's error checking tool doesn't seem to work anymore.

I think it could be a hardware problem already right ?

Ahazuerus

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
No. If the problem is physical, the hard drive's almost certainly non-repairable and if it's logical, you probably need to format the hard drive considering how widespread this problem is for you. Do you have the exact error message?

Tried formatting but it doesn't seem to fix anything .
What can be the causes of HDD hardware problems ?