Is this a decent gaming pc build?

Senpainoticemeplz

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello guys, I am thinking about building a gaming pc for the first time. I have put together a list of parts and I was wondering if people could give me comments/recommendations on it or pc building in general.
CPU:Intel Core I5 6400
GPU: Asus STRIX-RX470-O4G-GAMING (6600MHz)
Memory: Crucial 16 GB SODIMM DDR4-2133
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH
Storage: Seagate DESKTOP SSHD 1 TB
PSU: Corsair CS750M
Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 RED LED
Monitor: Iiyama XB2380HS
Keyboard: Sharkoon Skiller PRO+
I already have a mouse that is still working properly so I'm not replacing that one.
I usually play League of Legends and occasionally an MMORPG. I am ok with not playing every game on the highest settings, just looking for a decent build.
Any tips would be appreciated :)

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Below average quality PSU and I'd personally downgrade to 8GB memory to improve the graphics card but other than that It's a good build.

Is the monitor Freesync compatible? If not, look for one. It's a good feature with AMD GPU's and they are affordable.

Yeah the PSU is low grade.
Also overkill.
Look for a CXm 450 by corsair. Stay clear of the 430/500 variants. Or go for a Seasonic with around 500W.

You might want to wait a week or two for the GPU. NVIDIAs 1050/1050Ti are to be released this week. Let's see how well they do against the 470. If they really come at that price tag the 470 will.most likely drop a bit in price as well.