Question Is this a good AIO Liquid Cooler?

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
My FX-8350 was getting a bit hot. And I dont think that this tiny stock cooler will do the job. And so I searched for AIO Liquid cooler because I am not a fan of those big and chunky air coolers. So I found a relatively good one - Cooler Master ML240L RGB for around 70 dollars. I was wondering if its good or not, is it loud and does it support AM3+ because I know it supports AM4 but not sure for AM3+??

Mr.Frisfruit

Prominent
Jun 17, 2019
If you really want to go for watercooling I'd invest in a decent AIO, or not at all. Water can be fatal to your system, so I would never trust a low end AIO to pump water through my system. I agree that AIOs look way better but that's what they're going for, nice looks and RGB lights, not quality. So you should ask yourself whether the looks are worth the risk. It is compatible with AM3+ as far as I know.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
ML240R is better than the ML240L if you have the option, but either way, they're still AIOs with basically the same components....like every other AIO on the market.

Most AIOs sold are made by the same few OEMs out there so your Cooler Master and Corsair units might be exactly the same other than the sticker and fans.

Agreed. Most AIOs are very similar and made by the same oems like Asetek.

Most 240mm AIOs will be able to handle an 8350 just fine, and I have no doubt the ML240L or ML240R could handle that cpu.

Both the ML240L and ML240R support AM3+ according to Cooler Masters own website.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
What’s your motherboard, does it have good VRM cooling? The 125w FX CPU’s can really stress some motherboard VRM’s and AIO coolers remove the airflow air coolers can provide the surrounding area of the cpu. It’s not uncommon for throttling issues with 125w FX CPU’s on some motherboards especially when running an AIO.
I second this, if you down have any fans side mounted blowing directly on the VRMs I'd suggest getting a good air cooler chunky or not. I can burn myself on my VRM heatsinks with an overclocked 8350 at 1.5V, and I have a 230mm fan blowing directly onto the VRMs with a Swiftech H240X AIO. If you aren't going to be doing any overclocking though, and you have some other airflow onto the motherboard, I'd go for that cooler, seems to be inexpensive, and should work well for current and future builds.

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
What’s your motherboard, does it have good VRM cooling? The 125w FX CPU’s can really stress some motherboard VRM’s and AIO coolers remove the airflow air coolers can provide the surrounding area of the cpu. It’s not uncommon for throttling issues with 125w FX CPU’s on some motherboards especially when running an AIO.
My mobo is ASRock 970M Pro3 if thats helpful.

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
I second this, if you down have any fans side mounted blowing directly on the VRMs I'd suggest getting a good air cooler chunky or not. I can burn myself on my VRM heatsinks with an overclocked 8350 at 1.5V, and I have a 230mm fan blowing directly onto the VRMs with a Swiftech H240X AIO. If you aren't going to be doing any overclocking though, and you have some other airflow onto the motherboard, I'd go for that cooler, seems to be inexpensive, and should work well for current and future builds.
I dont intend to do any overclocking. Also I am upgrading to Ryzen 5 2600 very soon and also dont intend to overclock.

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
My case is AeroCool Cylon and the space on the front seems kinda small for a 240. If you can look it up and say if there is enough space since you clearly know more than me about water cooling.

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
Oh....nvm....found out it can. And....another thing.....the cables....there are quite hard for me to understand and the Youtube videos doesn't help alot 😔

TRENDING THREADS