Is this a good monitor for my pc

jacob.kelly178

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
I have a gtx 1070 with i5 8400, 8gb ram, I’m looking to run games at high FPS smoothly, Acer GN246HL is the moniter I’m looking at, my budget is 330 pound. I’m so confused on what I should buy please help

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Yes!! Definitely buy that monitor. Not sure where you are but in the UK it is on sale for an incredibly reasonable price. The only downside is that it does not have Gsync or Freesync which for some people could make or break a high refresh rate monitor. It may be worth shopping around for a Freesync monitor because they are cheaper then Gsync and are officially supported by Nvidia even for the GTX 1070. If you do a web search or go on YouTube you can find out which monitors are officially supported. But if not there is a way to modify the Nvidia drivers to get any GTX or RTX card working with almost any monitor. Don't take my word for it but do some research if you care about Free-sync or G-sync. But if you don't and are happy with 144hz then buy it ASAP because it might be on sale where you are and for those specs it is 100% worth it!!! Heck, I am tempted to buy one.