is this a good offer ? open to suggestions

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
the company offers this for people that goes to event itself the cheapest ticket is $60 aud for saturday

and this is the offer

http://image.prntscr.com/image/34ad71985cd74d65b3d2794e6c78b25b.jpg

34ad71985cd74d65b3d2794e6c78b25b.jpg

That's actually insanely good value, the i7 by itself costs $470, the motherboard costs $200ish (Get the Gaming M3), get the Thermaltake C21 RGB as the case, and the deepcool AIO. I don't know how they make a profit off this.
Pretty much giving you a free GPU (Which is relatively poor performance), an optane module, 2TB HDD, peripherals, PSU, CPU cooler, 16GB RAM, case and soundcard with Windows 10 Pro as the cherry on top.

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
i dont know if they are making profit or what is happening but i was shocked when i saw it + its in australian dollar aswell

The graphics card is pretty weak, if you want to use it for gaming you'll need to replace it. So for $699, plus you said $60 for a ticket, so $759 you can get an i7-7700K, 16GB DDR4 plus 16GB Intel Optane, 2TB HDD and a cheap case and PSU....you're not going to build a computer like that in Australia for anywhere near that price. Sounds like a good deal to me, even if you do have to replace the PSU and graphics card. It all comes down to whether or not you are wanting a new computer.

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

why did you say that for psu isnt it enough ?

Because it's a cheap make and if you buy a more powerful graphics card, it's likely to fail.

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
to be honest i was actually buying a new gpu rx480 or gtx 1060 or higher but when i saw this offer i thought why not change my 5 years old pc with something really fresh and like you said place the gpu with rx 480 or something which will be total of 1.100 aud or something i say thats pretty good build for that price specially when usd is high as fuck atm :)

I might revise my reply, as I may've been a bit hard on the PSU. Thermaltake do make some great PSUs, but the "smart" series are not, they lack a lot of the protection the more expensive models have. However the PSU used here is the "smart pro" and I really can't find an in depth review on it, but it does sound like it's somewhat better quality than I thought.

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
tbh even without the psu its still looks good i checked the amazon prices for some parts just the processor gaming m3 motherboard and ddr 4 rams are already total of 600 usd which is already higher then the aud price + rest of the parts are basicly free

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

the problem is theres gonna be stock limits tho and they dont give info about it i might end up not getting it and paying for the ticket and losing my time for no reason :) not a huge fan of csgo

The Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB is actually quite good quality, no need to replace it at all lol.

Issue here is that's a loss leader advert to get people in there.

There's probably only 20 units available & 10000 customers.
See this kind of crap all the time in the UK , issue is you've got to be one lucky SOB to get one.
Probably about as much chance of winning the lottery.

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
i really dont know if i would get it or not they probably have like max 20 units or something cause the deal is actually huge i might chase it down im still deciding :)