Is this a good pic build for my Grandad?

Solution
Probably wont't benefit from a SSD or even 4GB of ram but its cheap so whatever. I don't have much personal experiance with AMD but im sure thats fine. Everyone seems to think you need a GTX card for web browsing and word documents. Maybe look at some HTPC style cases as I would imagine he would like it as small as possible if hes really not that into computers. For even less you can buy some good used Dell's, etc.

I built out of one of these little guys. Its small and only a little taller than an Xbox 360 and can fit under the TV. It comes with a 2 or 300 watt PSU depending on the model and should cost about 45 euros or something like that. Its like 50-60 US...

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Probably wont't benefit from a SSD or even 4GB of ram but its cheap so whatever. I don't have much personal experiance with AMD but im sure thats fine. Everyone seems to think you need a GTX card for web browsing and word documents. Maybe look at some HTPC style cases as I would imagine he would like it as small as possible if hes really not that into computers. For even less you can buy some good used Dell's, etc.

I built out of one of these little guys. Its small and only a little taller than an Xbox 360 and can fit under the TV. It comes with a 2 or 300 watt PSU depending on the model and should cost about 45 euros or something like that. Its like 50-60 US.

1380682836SHTYZ1.jpg

Anyway to answer your original question I am sure it would be fine.

Solution

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

This is true but I felt like he or she might just like building things and want to build something for their relative.

For that reason, do it.

PrankDudeTb

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

Yeah, I offered him a cheap solution and this is exactly the situation, it's awesome that you understand. I'm young and love pc's n setups so I think i'll go through with it.

PrankDudeTb

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

monitors, keyboards and mouses are already at our disposal :) Thanks for making that btw.