Is this a High-End Gaming Build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ejbriones

Reputable
May 23, 2014
My Gaming Build

PSU : 600Watts Aurum S Gold FSP
GPU : Radeon R9 270x Devil Edition
CPU : Intel Core i7 4770k
Casing : Strike X One
Mother Board : L337 Gaming Gank Drone Z87H3-A3x
Ram : 8gb Ram DDR3 1333
Monitor : Devant 24in. LED TECH Monitor (1366x768 Res) (But in games i can change this to 1980x1080p) i used a Dvi to Hdmi cable. (No longer Fuzzy)!
Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Stealth
Mouse : Razer Orochi 2013

is this enough for today's gaming?

THANKS!!

Solution

This is caused by your TV misinterpreting the (pixel perfect) PC signal as a (potentially terrible) normal TV/cable/dvd signal, therefore overscanning/underscanning and applying blurs. This only happens on HDMI, so switching to VGA or DVI is the easiest fix. Otherwise changing your TV settings or disabling HDMI audio can sometimes fix this issue.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

I'm glad you got that sorted, as resolution problems on an LCD screen is a major headache.

RE: the PSU. If it's already installed and everything is running fine, with no random reboots, then keep it. Sure, there's a (very small) chance that it'll fail and possibly fry some components when it does. Most of the time when a PSU goes the symptoms are random reboots, bluescreens, and failure to start.