Is this a motherboard problem? Ton of red text pops up when I boot my PC.

mikeisdaman66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2018
Hi, I'm having a problem with my PC i've never even seen before. I can't even seem to find this problem on the internet. I boot my pc, and it goes through normal booting, goes through POST just fine, then I get the windows logo. It stays there for about twenty seconds then this screen pops up with a ton of red text. There are no error codes, no details or information telling me the problem. I cannot boot my pc off of my hard drive, and if I put an installation disc into my optical drive, it just says no bootable device found.
PC SPECS:
GPU: Turbo GTX 970
PSU: EVGA 600w
CPU: AMD 4300-Quad core
RAM: Mixed 8gb DDR4 + 8gb DDR3 (I know this is bad)
HDD: 1tb Toshiba Hard disk.
Motherboard- No idea model/brand of motherboard.
I have a video of myself booting my PC.
https://youtu.be/rheEi_nRpUM
Sorry about having it sideways.

mikeisdaman66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2018
I didn't do that with the ram... But despite that, the computer has worked for about a year and the problem has occured just now.
The red text doesn't appear any more when my PC boots because I set all of my BIOS settings to default by removing my CMOS battery for a few minutes- now I just a black screen with a blinking underscore. Would reinstalling windows / wiping my drive solve this problem?

1) Boot into the BIOS, if you can, then check the HDD shows up in the BIOS or not. If it does, go to next step.
2) Open the case to see the HDD is connected into the 1st SATA port, if you are not sure, read the motherboard manual.
3) If it does, and you need to disconnect it, and boot the PC without the 1TB HDD to see what happens.

If the HDD does not show up in the BIOS, then test it in other PC if you have one, if it still does not show up, it has problem, you need the new HDD.

mikeisdaman66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2018
New development with the computer- I get a boot screen and a message from bios just saying "Can't find any device". Then, I just get a black screen with a blinking underscore at the top left of my screen. I've looked into the problem but I'm seriously convinced my hard drive is in a healthy state as it works on multiple other computers in working conditions.

mikeisdaman66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2018
I was playing a videogame and it just crashed on me. I've managed to get past the Blinking underscore problem and I've come across a new problem that I have had before. The problem is that I am locked out of my Internal hard Drive and cannot do much to change/edit the settings in there. I cannot refresh/reset my pc and sfc /scannow and bootrec /rebuildbcd does not work. I'm pretty sure I can fix it and then reset the pc, but my real question is how do I prevent my computer from letting this happen again?

mikeisdaman66

Reputable
Mar 5, 2018
Okay, I have gotten my PC to reboot into windows 8.1 by reformatting my drive from MBR to GPT, and reinstalled windows 8.1 But heres the thing!!! This has happened before! I get brickwalled, Then I get locked out of my drive, and I have to wipe it. What could cause this? My PC goes through POST everytime I boot it up! Can you guys help tell me what could be the cause of these problems? Thanks.