Is this a power supply problem? I am not sure what is going on...

G

My computer is now having trouble booting(powers but the network adapter displays no activity and nothing ever displays on the monitor) , I have to unplug, turn it off and on, off and on for it to finally boot up(network adapter activity starts, then monitor turns on), and if I DON'T go in to the BIOS on that boot up, it will boot with the CPU multiplier at 4. One of my fans went out, not sure if that is related, cool n' quiet is disabled, the AMD turbo core BS is disabled...NOT SURE IF THIS IS A Power supply failure or not? Maybe something else???? MOBO? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, thought I would add, whenever I am gaming(when I manage to get through this vicious cycle) and I have multiple programs open, sound slows and gets really grainy as well as the frames freeze then will go back to normal when I stop talking in Skype or stop moving in game. I know it is not an issue with my graphics card...not sure what is going on.

I have replaced the CMOS battery, bc I thought that could maybe be the issue.

Solution
My computer is now having trouble booting(powers but the network adapter displays no activity and nothing ever displays on the monitor) , I have to unplug, turn it off and on, off and on for it to finally boot up(network adapter activity starts, then monitor turns on), and if I DON'T go in to the BIOS on that boot up, it will boot with the CPU multiplier at 4. One of my fans went out, not sure if that is related, cool n' quiet is disabled, the AMD turbo core BS is disabled...NOT SURE IF THIS IS A Power supply failure or not? Maybe something else???? MOBO? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, thought I would add, whenever I am gaming(when I manage to get through this vicious cycle) and I have multiple programs open, sound slows and gets really...
G

I reset everything back to factory minus the cool n' quiet, turbo core etc.

Specs:
-AMD x6 1090t r2(stock)
-NF750-G55 (latest bios)
-4gb of ddr3
-500gb HDD @7200rpm
Old Stuff:
-GTX 285
-700 watt OCZ powersupply
-Tower, radiator, pump, water block etc etc.

sugarsniffer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010

Also, thought I would add, whenever I am gaming(when I manage to get through this vicious cycle) and I have multiple programs open, sound slows and gets really grainy as well as the frames freeze then will go back to normal when I stop talking in Skype or stop moving in game. I know it is not an issue with my graphics card...not sure what is going on.

I have replaced the CMOS battery, bc I thought that could maybe be the issue.

-I'd grab up another power supply and throw it in there. If it's fixed, you know what the problem was. If it's not fixed, it's probably the mobo. (Time to go shoppin!)

-Always narrow down the prob like you did, then start replacing the cheapest parts first. :)

Hope that helps!

Solution
G

Yeah, I figured it was the power supply after I decided to take out my graphics card and it booted perfectly fine over and over again. Thanks for the help!