[SOLVED] Is this a safe GPU temp when streaming?

Dec 25, 2019
Hello everyone. Recently I have started streaming however I am getting a bit worried. I have an RTX 2060 and when I stream I get around
70 degrees average. Highest it has gotten is 75. Is this a safe temperature for gaming and streaming?

Solution
When you hit 80 and up it may be a case air flow issue you might want to address. When you get close to 88 your GPU will throttle down to lower its temp and you will lose performance.

At 75 under a gaming load you are what is to be expected out of most cards. Card temps vary from manufacturers due to cooler designs and number of fans on the card itself.

If you are really worried you can always use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision to set a custom fan curve but that will result in more fan noise.
When you hit 80 and up it may be a case air flow issue you might want to address. When you get close to 88 your GPU will throttle down to lower its temp and you will lose performance.

At 75 under a gaming load you are what is to be expected out of most cards. Card temps vary from manufacturers due to cooler designs and number of fans on the card itself.

If you are really worried you can always use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision to set a custom fan curve but that will result in more fan noise.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS