Is this a safe GPU temperature to play at, or should I be concerned?

Jul 9, 2018
I recently purchased a NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti. Whenever I play demanding games, such as PUBG or Battlefield, the temps of my GPU after a few hours tend to climb to slightly above 80° Celsius. Is this normal or should I be concerned? My idling temps tend to stay <50°C.

Also, I wanted to ask another question. Its currently summer and where I live it gets above 100°F and my house has no air-conditioning whatsoever. Due to this, my room often feels like the inside of an oven during the afternoon. Do ambient temperatures affect GPU temps at all?

Thank you, and I hope to see some answers!

Solution
By reference design I mean is it a blower style card (single fan that takes air and blows it out the back) or 3rd party (being an msi it would probably have 2 fans). But yeh either way 80c is warm but more than fine especially with the ambient temps you're describing. (100f is around ~35c or so?)
If you're really concerned try improving the airflow in your case a tad.
By reference design I mean is it a blower style card (single fan that takes air and blows it out the back) or 3rd party (being an msi it would probably have 2 fans). But yeh either way 80c is warm but more than fine especially with the ambient temps you're describing. (100f is around ~35c or so?)
If you're really concerned try improving the airflow in your case a tad.

Solution