[SOLVED] Is this alright for my pc

Jun 10, 2020
I have a question so at my house my outlet has a switch so I’m on holidays and before I went I shut down my pc by clicking start then shutdown then wait for it to shutdown after that I turned the outlet of off so basically unplugged my pc when it was shutdown will it be fine or does that have any risk on my pc

Solution
That switch on the outlet is in case of water hitting the outlet. It’s meant to trip and cut all outlets in the chain to keep a fire from occurring. Honestly You should only use those to test the outlets on that chain, otherwise I’d leave it alone.

As far as your computer is concerned, it should be fine. If you don’t have a surge protector on your computer then it’s more at risk when you’re at home then when you leave it turned off. For future reference, you should just unplug it from the wall when you’re going away for a few days instead of messing with the outlets.

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
That switch on the outlet is in case of water hitting the outlet. It’s meant to trip and cut all outlets in the chain to keep a fire from occurring. Honestly You should only use those to test the outlets on that chain, otherwise I’d leave it alone.

As far as your computer is concerned, it should be fine. If you don’t have a surge protector on your computer then it’s more at risk when you’re at home then when you leave it turned off. For future reference, you should just unplug it from the wall when you’re going away for a few days instead of messing with the outlets.

Solution