Is this an okay CPU tempurate for Australia?

seanparko

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Just finished building my new PC, but I had a bit of trouble installing a cryorig c7 cooler over my 2600x. The temp stay at 60 degrees Celsius at idle, but once I start using something like firefox, it peaks up to 70 degrees. I know it's really hot here so I was wondering if this is an okay temp.

Solution
while it is within system tolerance it is a lot higher than I would expect.

I am in Australia (30C outside an no AC) and I am running 56C as we speak. So 26C above ambient.
I have R2600 with a passive heat sink (CPU at 5%).

So it depends on how you are measuring, what is your CPU doing and what is your ambient temp.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
while it is within system tolerance it is a lot higher than I would expect.

I am in Australia (30C outside an no AC) and I am running 56C as we speak. So 26C above ambient.
I have R2600 with a passive heat sink (CPU at 5%).

So it depends on how you are measuring, what is your CPU doing and what is your ambient temp.

Solution

seanparko

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

I'm in a non air conditioned room with a tower fan running, the ambient temp is around 30 degree Celsius and the case I'm using is a DAN case A4 SFX

your ambient temp is above "normal' so higher temps are to be expected inside the case

but that situation is going to tax your CPU whenevery you're doing a heavy workload, gaming etc

what asoroka said about moving to a larger case with more airflow and air volume would really be a good idea -

Computronix put up a pretty detailed tutorial on temperatures - including how ambient temps play into your computer's temps

here's a link http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

scroll down until you see this image and see what he had to say

Svr2si8.jpg

You really don't want to go over 85C and actually should stay as far south of it as possible - when you're at 70C just from browsing, doesn't give you much room, temp wise