Is this build a solid idea.

May 25, 2018
So im planning on upgrading my current i5 3570k with a gtx 970 and 12 gb of 1333 MHz ram and a 600watt antec PSU.
The parts I want to upgrade to are
Intel Core i5 8400
Gtx 1070ti Asus strix
Mbo MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON
And a case I have yet to search
Would my PSU still be handle it if I also keep using my 2 ssd's and 1 hard drive

Solution
Your PSU will be plenty for this system.

However, I have to ask, why the Z370 motherboard when your CPU doesn't overclock? There are less expensive options and motherboards rarely affect game performance. You are also going to need a RAM replacement. The 3rd gen Core CPUs use DDR3, and the 8th gen uses DDR4. Otherwise, your CPU and GPU are a good balance.
Your PSU will be plenty for this system.

However, I have to ask, why the Z370 motherboard when your CPU doesn't overclock? There are less expensive options and motherboards rarely affect game performance. You are also going to need a RAM replacement. The 3rd gen Core CPUs use DDR3, and the 8th gen uses DDR4. Otherwise, your CPU and GPU are a good balance.

Solution
All should be fine but you will also need new RAM. DDR3 won't work in DDR4 motherboards.

I have to agree that motherboard makes little sense. Drop it down to a B360 or H370 board and use that money saved for an i7-8700 instead.

Also what monitor do you have. I wouldn't expect stellar changes if your monitor is only 1920x1080 @60Hz.