Is this build compatible?

Pamuzo

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
I'm building a good home pc for managing photos and photo editing.
Would this be a compatible build for this? Anything I could change in the build which would not reduce performance too much and make it cheaper? Would less ram still be enough?

CPU: Intel I5-8400 Coffee Lake
PSU: Corsair 450W VS450
Wireless Internet Card: TP-Link TL-WN851ND
RAM: Crucial 4GB DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz CL16 1.2V x2 (8GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H
SSD: Samsung 500GB 860 EVO 2,5" SATA III
Case: SilentimPC M10 Atx-midicase

What do you guys think?

Solution

Yes this will work well, although I would not get the 500gb ssd and instead get a 128gb ssd for the operating system and any photo-editing software you use, so that it can boot and function...

Jahr Jahr bonks

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015

Yes this will work well, although I would not get the 500gb ssd and instead get a 128gb ssd for the operating system and any photo-editing software you use, so that it can boot and function faster. Also for the photos a 1tb hard drive shouldn't impact speed for smaller files like photos. As compared to an ssd of equal size. And it will be much cheaper.

For photo editing perhaps investing in a gtx 1050 can help with more stressful photo/image editing but is optional and will only effect the render time of images if you do things like that.

Otherwise, it looks good!

Solution

Jahr Jahr bonks

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015

Windows 10 is around 60gb (after updates), Photoshop and other image editing programs such as lightbox and paintshop pro are about 1gb each. It should be more than enough.