is this build good ? it s my first pc (no bottleneck ? )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ahmedjomaa001

Proper
Feb 26, 2018
1-hi guys please i need to ask you if this build good for gaming and there is no bottleneck ???
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JnHNP3
just now i can t afford i5 8600k but then i can upgrade ( with the same mobo)
2- also : Unable to verify the Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case has sufficient space to fit the KFA2 - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Virtual Edition Video Card.
it s true ? this case can t fit my gpu ? i already buy the gpu

Solution

On bf1 you would see difference for sure, that game is CPU bound and 8600K is much faster. On remaining two most likely there is no difference you could see unless you had high refresh monitor (144 or 240 Hz).

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
I think better option is amd. U know your motherboard will last until 2020.If u go with intel and want to upgrade on new gen(when it comes out)you will need to change mobo.U said u will play gta 5 and bf1. Difference between r3 1200 3.8ghz and i3 is like 1 or 2 fps what u cant see.Plus intel always have bigger cpu usage than ryzen(i3 gives more frames,in this case 1 or 2 but with more cpu usage while ryzen is giving you a few fps less and very low cpu usage,so if you want to multitask you wont have any problems). IM NOT AMD FANBOY, my dream is to get i5 8600k but i like to multitask so ill just go with amd,. and i admit 8600k is way better than 1600(just in gaming). Btw i would like you to take a few photo of your case when u buy it, because im choosing between cm masterbox lite 5 and nzxt s340 .Sorry for long question and bad english

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you are seriously misinformed

an i3 8100 is better at gaming, a lot more than 1 - 2 fps difference

2020? XD that is only 2 years man

i7 systems last a LOT longer than that, ask a 2600k owner