Is this combo of protection good in windows 10?

simplifii

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Using paid Kaspersky Internet Security 2016(total seemed like a waste)

then if kaspersky doesnt for some reason cover the rest:

then malwarebytes free for on demand only

and then using comodo firewall free

Solution
add ublock origin to all your browsers and nothing will get through. Edge not included but who uses it yet anyway?

I use Bitdefender total security, 1 less program running as its got firewall and AV (and lots more). Don't feel need for malwarebytes really.. i can run it if need be but I feel pretty safe.

Colif

Win 11 Master
add ublock origin to all your browsers and nothing will get through. Edge not included but who uses it yet anyway?

I use Bitdefender total security, 1 less program running as its got firewall and AV (and lots more). Don't feel need for malwarebytes really.. i can run it if need be but I feel pretty safe.

Solution

simplifii

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016

:D ive heard nice things about zone alarm or little snitch as well. Im sure windows firewall is fine though along with regular updates

Colif

Win 11 Master
Zonealarm been around forever... think i used most of the big packages in last 15 years. Norton, ZA, Avast, Kapersky, and now Bitdefender. I had Avast last but they always want you to buy more parts, Bitdefender just leaves me alone

Defender is better than nothing but I wouldn't only use it. its there for all those who don't even think of installing a Firewall or AV when using a pc

simplifii

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016

yeah i currently just have avast free and malwarebytes free with windows firewall, but im just not feeling avast. malwarebytes is just one demand so cant complain about it

I just went through testing out the security suites for Kapersky and Bit Defender I have to say I prefer Bit Defenders. Kaspersky's firewall was just a bit too intrusive with web pages and caused some weird issues initially with certificates with search engines. Both have pretty good features tho, but Bit Defender seems to have a bit of a lower overhead.

Haven't used Zone Alarm in a while, it was a good product but god the first couple of days/week of usage was aggravating for training. Hopefully that's changed in the last couple of years.

If you're going to go with a free AV, Avira has one of the top ratings and the least amount of crapware/popups. Avast has annoyed me far too much with its popups to recommend these days.

simplifii

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016

i actually have spent the last few hours going through comparative reviews and am sold on bitdefenders internetsecurity. its a bit more $$ then kaspersky but 3 devices 1 year is $56 and thats not too shabby. pair this with premium mwb and i think im golden pony boy!

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Don't see any backup utility there! I'd recommend a disk imager like Macrium Reflect Free, but keep in mind hidden costs of storage media to store those disk images on. A snapshot tool might work best in your case, might want to look into either Comodo Time Machine or Rollback Rx.

simplifii

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
thank you all! going to try the bitdefender internet security 2016 trial then I'm looking at a compliment antimalware/exploit solution like Malwarebytes free and possibly their anti-exploit.