is this compatible?

Mar 2, 2019
Hello all hope your having a nice day, im a first time pc builder and a bit nervous when it comes to assembling it all as to which parts work with what, i did the measurements for the case and pc components and they would fit in the case so thats one worry out of mind but the other i was a bit worried about was is this cpu/motherboard/graphic card compatible with eachother as i dont want to buy something to find out later it is not and would throw me off pc building.
For the motherboard i picked ASUS Prime B450 Plus motherboard for the graphic card im leaning towards Gigabyte 3gb GTX 1060 Windforce OC and for the cpu im going for Ryzen 7 2700.

Thanks everyone hope i hear nice feedback and thanks for your time reading this.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What's your budget and what country are you in? While the CPU and motherboard would work together, a 3 GB 1060 typically isn't a great purchase in 2019 given that the RX 580 can be found at around the same price and occasionally even cheaper. And depending on your needs, you may very well get much more benefit by using a Ryzen 2600 with a better GPU.

Also important to know what power supply you're using. I'd never give a green light to a build without knowing there's a power supply that's at least a decent budget one.

Mar 2, 2019
What's your budget and what country are you in? While the CPU and motherboard would work together, a 3 GB 1060 typically isn't a great purchase in 2019 given that the RX 580 can be found at around the same price and occasionally even cheaper. And depending on your needs, you may very well get much more benefit by using a Ryzen 2600 with a better GPU.

Also important to know what power supply you're using. I'd never give a green light to a build without knowing there's a power supply that's at least a decent budget one.

ah sorry about that im in australia so my budget is around $1500 which is i believe around $1000 usd. so would you recommend Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB instead? I just noticed a fault of mine of what it will it be used for so id say gaming mostly and streaming along the road.
The power supply is a Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700w
if youd like i can share the rest of the pc components if it would help

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The RX 580 8 GB would be a better purchase. The 500 series does better with newer games and the VRAM will keep it relevant longer; 3 GB is becoming an awkwardly small amount.

The MasterWatt Lite series isn't particularly good quality and I would not recommend it. The Corsair CX 550 is likely the least expensive PSU you'd want to run this build on, it's about $20 more in AUD. Sadly, you guys and the Kiwis always get kind of screwed in parts availability and pricing!

Reactions: 8bitKrusty
Mar 2, 2019
just a question but what does the different watts in the powersupply affect and what should it be around for a good pc in my case