Question Is this computer any good?

I got this computer today. Is it any good? Anyone have any experience with Acer computers? I plan on using it to surf the web and watch streams.

I ask because I've heard of Acer products breaking soon after purchase, and I've heard horror stories about Acer's customer service.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-TC-895-U.../dp/B088X2YR3X
It looks fine for a typical home office and general task system. If you want to add a video card to do any gaming you'll most likely have to upgrade the power supply first, but as is, it should be fine for the uses you described. I don't have any experience with Acer support so I can't really comment on that.

The time to ask is BEFORE you buy.
I don't know why you bought if you had doubts about reliability or service.
One place oem builders go cheap on is the power supply.

That said, I see no real problem with the unit.
I find 12gb to be a strange ram size that will not give you full dual channel operation.

castletonsnob

Reputable
Feb 11, 2018
OK, but I'm mostly worried about it breaking soon after purchase, because I've heard that about Acer products, and heard horror stories about their customer service.

castletonsnob

Reputable
Feb 11, 2018
You might be wondering, "If you heard bad things about Acer, why did you buy it?". I bought it because it had an Amazon's Choice label, and I saw that Acer computers were listed as the best budget computers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY