[SOLVED] Is this computer good enough for AutoCAD?

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
I already posted a question and asked if my computer is running AutoCAD? I realized that my computer does not meet the AutoCAD requirements
Now to make sure you buy a computer, I want to see if these parts are enough for AutoCAD?

i5 10400F
32GB 3200
RX 580 8GB 256bit
500G SSD
1TB HDD

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of AutoCAD are you looking to work with? Are you going to render on AutoCAD as well? You should be good to go but you forgot to mention one critical part in your system's specs, which is, the PSU's make and model. People strap on horrible PSU's with mid-high end parts in the hopes of having a "workstation" only to end up being down due to troubleshooting or RMA's.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Which version of AutoCAD are you looking to work with?

2021 or maybe 2022

Are you going to render on AutoCAD as well?

YUP

You should be good to go but you forgot to mention one critical part in your system's specs, which is, the PSU's make and model. People strap on horrible PSU's with mid-high end parts in the hopes of having a "workstation" only to end up being down due to troubleshooting or RMA's.

PSU: Coolermaster MWE 650 White

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Which version of AutoCAD are you looking to work with? Are you going to render on AutoCAD as well? You should be good to go but you forgot to mention one critical part in your system's specs, which is, the PSU's make and model. People strap on horrible PSU's with mid-high end parts in the hopes of having a "workstation" only to end up being down due to troubleshooting or RMA's.
im still waiting for your awnser
PSU: CoolerMasterMWE 650 White

It's true that the complexity are the most important factor aside for the minimum requirement from the developer on this question.

In most capable drawing application, there should be measurement that one can do to mitigate this effect.

Being used to Inkscape rather than Autocad, I can only speak for Inkscape, but for what I know Autocad may have even more features. This is the measurement I'd do using Inkscape to reduce CPU usage:
  • Hiding layers not currently in use.
  • Change display mode to "outline".
  • If using imported raster images, the Image Rendering mode can be set to "Blocky (optimizeSpeed)".

USAFRet

Titan
It's true that the complexity are the most important factor aside for the minimum requirement from the developer on this question.

In most capable drawing application, there should be measurement that one can do to mitigate this effect.

Being used to Inkscape rather than Autocad, I can only speak for Inkscape, but for what I know Autocad may have even more features. This is the measurement I'd do using Inkscape to reduce CPU usage:
  • If using imported raster images, the Image Rendering mode can be set to "Blocky (optimizeSpeed)".
Autocad is completely different than inkscape.

For CAD, I use Rhino3D. The more complex the model, the greater resources needed.
For mostly simple/moderate models, my system (specs below) has no issues.
For very complex things, I've had situations where it runs out of resources.

I've never run out of resources in inkscape, or any other imaging application.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021

I have to use AutoCAD because it is for my school
im pertty sure that CPU is enugh
but i don't know about ram and GPU