Is this computer setup worth the money

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
BEFORE YOU REPLY PLEASE NOTE

- I am very new to PC gaming. I've never had a high preformance PC before in my life. I would rather get something assembled than build it myself. I am new to computer parts and everything. I know what parts, I just don't know how to make them work.

- $168 of the cost is the keyboard

- The computer costs $827

I don't want to waste $1000 on a computer that lags. I want to use it for things like Euro Truck Simulator 2, Cities Skylines, Unreal Editor, Minecraft (with shaders), etc.

Here Is The Specs

*BASE_PRICE:[+839]

BLUETOOTH:None

CABLE:None

CAS: CyberPowerPC X-Sentinel MID-Tower Gaming Case w/USB 3.1, Side
Panel Window [-16] (White Color [+2])

CASUPGRADE:RGB Multi-Color 16 Million color LED 3x Interior light
Strip (top, side, bottom) w/ RF Controll [+29]

CC:None

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core
Technology

CS_FAN: Default case fans

DOCKINGSTATION:None

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling
Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CU:None

FREEBIE_HD:None

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

HEADSET:None

HS_HANGER:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+163]

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)

MONITOR:None

MOPAD:None

MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic,
On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI

MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NFC:None

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply -
SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH:Standard Process Time: Ship within 10 Business Day

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED
WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SLI_BRIDGE:None

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TEMP:None

TVRC:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) [-9] (Single Card)

WNC:None

WTV:None

_PRICE: (+1008)

_view_:{2F0070EA-471C-4A37-BC3D-CB2F10607B99}

_load_:11/22/2015 10:54:22 AM

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

I would build my own pc. However, I am very VERY new to PC gaming. I haven't had a real preformance pc ever. I would rather buy a prebuilt one. Call me crazy, but I would rather startoff with something prebuilt before I build my own.

First, I would avoid cyberpowerPC like the plague if I were you and strongly suggest you assemble the rig yourself.

As for the specs to price ratio, i would say no not a good deal at all really. For the same money you can have all that mentioned above or better, assembling peice by peice.

The psu is some no name brand.

Gtx 970 is effectively hardware defective after 3.5GB of vram usage.

Just my honest opinion.

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

I should remind you that $160 is going towards the keyboard. The computer is like $870 or something.

EDIT! It costs $827 without the Keyboard

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

The PC is only $827 I should've put. The PSU, I am kind of skeptical about it. Explain what do you mean that the 970 is defective after 3 1/2 gb? The one in this PC only has 2.

Rhezner

Admirable
I know it sounds scary to "build your own PC" but it really is as easy as assembling legos with a manual. Some people brag about how they can "build a computer" but only people who are ignorant of how easy the process is will be impressed.

Trust me, getting WAY better bang for your buck and a good learning experience is worth it over going prebuilt.

Rhezner

Admirable

Your build has a 960 which is the lower model of the 970. As for the price of your build, the build I listed above is about the same price (including the keyboard) as the cyberpower build.

Rhezner's build would crush that cyberpower one is every way.

The 970 has 4GB VRAM, 3.5GB is very fast, normal video ram. the last 0.5GB is some slow crap that Nvidia tries to say doesn't effect anything, but it does.

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

So I should get the 970 4gb and not the 960 2gb?

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

Two things

1. I am a HUGE newbie to custom PCs. I know alot about the parts, but now which work best with which.

2. I would build a PC, but my parents won't buy the parts. Only a prebuilt computer. I know it sucks :fou:

Rhezner

Admirable

Show your parents a few tutorial videos and tell them it would be "educational", My parents were happy to let me build my first PC when they realized it was educational in a way. Also the parts will have warranties on them so if a part is defective then you don't have to worry about it.

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

Not sure what the cap on the price is. However, I did look into an i5 Configuration. Not sure if I am ordering it before Black Friday to get the free Mechanical keyboard. It's just that I haven't used a different company (besides DELL) than Razer. So, I usually skeptical about things from companies I've never tried.

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HFU1K

This is another computer I looked at. It's an i5 and is pretty much the same. I took out the Razer keyboard. I'll try to talk my dad into ordering it before the sale ends. If not, than I'll probably buy my friends old one :p

liltrainer546

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

yeah, I did end up switching it to a 960.