Is this dead community

ayumou

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
Is this community dead? i asked twice and no one answered this is the third one hope someone can answer this one and my older questions.

Solution

That would just get the thread deleted as bumping is against the rules, please don't encourage people to break the rules. :non:
There's no guaranteed that RAM that doesn't come as a kit is compatible.

The more similar they are the bigger is the chance that they'd work.

If you have 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX Ram DDR3-1333 it'll work as it's a tested kit.

If you buy 2 1x8 GB Kingston HyperX Ram DDR3-1333 it'll probably work
If you buy 1x8GB Kingston HyperX Ram DDR3-1333 + 1x8GB GB Kingston HyperX Fury Ram DDR3-1333 there's a higher chance that it doesn't work.
If you buy 1x8GB Kingston HyperX Ram DDR3-1333 + 1x8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram DDR3-133 chances are even higher it won't work.

Same goes with the mixing of speed, even timings.
The chances a hyperX 1333 & a hyperX 1866 stick can't work together are higher than getting 2 with the same clocks.
Even if one is a hyperX 1333 CL9 and the other one is a hyperX 1333 CL11 it can cause some troubles depending on the actual ram and your memory controller.

That's why it's recommended to buy RAM as a kit. Kits are tested and sold together.
When upgrading it's recommended to use the exact same RAM model you have already installed since there is no guarantee that mixing RAM works.

If the RAMs differ in terms of specs the controller will set the speed and timings to the specs of the slower RAM stick obviously.

ayumou

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

So can I use hyperx fury HX318C10FB/4 4GB 512M x 64-Bit DDR3-1866 CL10 240-Pin DIMM on my motherboard GA-H55M-S2H rev. 1.1?

they have the same spec except the CL and the size

It won't read the frequency and goes to infinite boot loop, so I tried using both my new and old ram.

its 6am here, I am not legally alive until 4th cup of coffee.... only on 2nd one...
maybe if you when to your original message and posts a reply "bump anyone ??" maybe we shall see the message
this is a high traffic forum, messages get missed, it happens.

That would just get the thread deleted as bumping is against the rules, please don't encourage people to break the rules. :non:

Solution