[SOLVED] Is this enough space for the PSU fan??

Ozzballz

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
I have a CoolerMaster H500 and I have a Corsair 750X that I’m putting in the case. However, once I put the cover for the PSU on, there’s maybe enough room for a couple pieces of paper that can fit. Is this okay?

Solution
It sounds like you have the fan on the top side positioning. If so, you'll want to flip it over. There's ventilation grills/filters on the bottom of the case's PSU slot, that is where the fan should be. It looks like the PSU shroud is completely solid and doesn't have any ventilation (confirm/deny?) so this would be extremely bad for a PSU to have the fan on top.

Aero_X

Reputable
Jun 12, 2016
I have a CoolerMaster H500 and I have a Corsair 750X that I’m putting in the case. However, once I put the cover for the PSU on, there’s maybe enough room for a couple pieces of paper that can fit. Is this okay?

Have placed the psu fan side up facing the gpu so to say or downwards to the floor of the case?

It sounds like you have the fan on the top side positioning. If so, you'll want to flip it over. There's ventilation grills/filters on the bottom of the case's PSU slot, that is where the fan should be. It looks like the PSU shroud is completely solid and doesn't have any ventilation (confirm/deny?) so this would be extremely bad for a PSU to have the fan on top.

Solution
I put the fan face up because the decals on the PSU are readable that way so if I turn it upside down, (fan facing down) the decals will be upside down.
Unless you have a glass back panel, the PSU label (and entire unit) wont be visible at all after complete installation. The connection port labels should be properly oriented with the fan facing downwards though, which is a bit more important for building!