[SOLVED] Is this even possible? Ryzen 9 5900x bottlenecking a 4060? if true is CRAZYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2024

I mean the video comments itself im DESPERATE...

D E S P E R A T E :mad::mad::mad::mad:

PC specs at the end of the video, if you are too lazy to see all of it (2.30minute long video) heres my PC specs:

9 5900x
4060 gaming x
16gb 3200
ssd nve 500gb (real speed 4000ish)

Dont tell me a ryzen 9 5900x is bottlenecking a 4060 because if this is real i will get crazy

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What I see is some form of massive stuttering and running a game shouldn't push the CPU like that.

Firstly, change that to logical cores, not the whole CPU. That isn't telling you much.

With no FPS counter I can't tell if you are running relatively well compared to anyone else through a compressed Youtube video.

Not the fastest CPU on the planet, so if you define bottlenecking by fastest possible FPS, then yes, every CPU is a bottleneck. In your case a 5800X3D would be a better choice for pure gaming.

Jan 18, 2024
What I see is some form of massive stuttering and running a game shouldn't push the CPU like that.

Firstly, change that to logical cores, not the whole CPU. That isn't telling you much.
What do you mean to change that to logical cores?

What i mean are the stuttering, is unplayable did you see in the videos? frame dropping heavily

there is the fps counter on top leftcant you see?
and in the video i showed both ultra preset and minimal preset to prove that even at minimal preset the stuttering are present so noway this is a gpu issue

there is the fps counter on top leftcant you see?
Until you pointed it out I didn't see it as well.

I think we were watching how your system runs like crap as you asked us to.

Man I get your frustration all that money on good gear and it run like that.

So can you give more info like .

Are you on wifi?

Do you use Discord at the same time your gaming.

Do you have you web pages opened while your gaming.

Are you recording game play while your gaming.

Have you set frame time to not to excede FPS in MSI Afterburner.

Are your bios up to date ?

Was it a clean windows install your using.

All this might seem stupid to ask but it all plays out to helping fix your issue.

Jan 18, 2024
Do you use Discord at the same time your gaming
not even installed
Do you have you web pages opened while your gaming
nope
Are you recording game play while your gaming
no
Have you set frame time to not to excede FPS in MSI Afterburner
not even installed
Are your bios up to date
probably not (?)
Was it a clean windows install your using
Man I get your frustration all that money on good gear and it run like that.
❤️
Are you on wifi?
Optical fiber to LAN

This is a bench i did for you guys of my PC:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67036450

Jan 18, 2024
@Eximo in my opinion is the ram, was always full like 95% (having only 16gigs) so i installed a program that runs in background and cleans ram every 5 fixed seconds at spam, now my ram is always 10gigs so i have 5.8gigs free.
also i xmp the ram to 3600 (i have a 3200) but i decided to overclock it to 3600 if it burns i dont care was 40bucks
the issues are kinda vanished but still stuttering sometimes, any idea how to improve it even more?

Jan 18, 2024

FIXED!!!!

It was the PSU guys when the 5900x reached 140w the PSU kinda dropped because is old. I solved for now setting the cpu voltage to 100w and in near future I’ll buy a new PSU! So fixed. Thread is closed any mod

Reactions: stonecarver
Status
Not open for further replies.