Is this gamemax power supply any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
i know some newer psu's have rgb on them but in the past only the junk units went for the flashy look to over-shadow the poor quality.

i'd have to look again but i believe some quality brands have started making rgb equipped units. but that psu is one i'd not bother with.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
never heard of them myself. but one thing that does not look good is the fact it only has 2 6+2 pcie connections. meaning this "850w" psu is only outfitted to power a single high end gpu, when it should be enough for 2 easily.

this alone makes me weary enough to avoid it. it's likely more power than you need anyway and there are known quality units for the same price or less.

what are the system specs? we can easily help you decide how much power you need and suggest quality units.

Aug 5, 2018

I have an i7- 4770k, watercooled GTX 980ti, 16gb RAM, 2 x 500gb SSDs and a few hard drives all running off an EVGA GS 650w. The CPU and GPU are overclocked but I agree that 850w is way more than I need, I just liked that it had RGB lighting on it :lol: I am looking to get a new power supply as there is some kind of fault with my current one, and the fan is very loud all the time, apart from that it still works great, but it's not ideal when my PC sounds like a jet engine xD

Thanks for the reply by the way

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i know some newer psu's have rgb on them but in the past only the junk units went for the flashy look to over-shadow the poor quality.

i'd have to look again but i believe some quality brands have started making rgb equipped units. but that psu is one i'd not bother with.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.