Is this good for a decent gaming build ?

Krumpel

Reputable
May 24, 2015
First of all i want to thank you guys, you helped me so much in choosing the parts I wanted and it got me to this list.
What do you think? Any changes or better parts, cheaper parts.
I don't intend to SLI/Crossfire, at least not at first.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
Case: Zalman Z11
Power Supply: Corsair RVS Series™ VS650 — 650

First post here, so I'm sorry if its the wrong place.

Krumpel

Reputable
May 24, 2015

Hey man thanks for the quick reply.
That mother board is really nice and cheap, but i saw many posts that said 990fx chip set is best for performance so i tried to choose one with it.
Also about the video card i'm still not sure which one to pick between 280x/ 290x/ gtx960/ gtx970, it will depend on my budget. The build will probably change in time since it will take me like 3 months to get the money for it.

Garlicknottz

Reputable
May 14, 2015

Hey whats up man, I just built my first build the other day, and I got the ASUS Z87-PRO; I really like it. I really like the bios interface it came with. It looks really cool and easy to navigate. And if this is your first build, there are a good amount of videos using this motherboard to make things easier when it comes to plugging shit in the right place lol. But overall this is a great mother board. Hers my build http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/. Playing the Witcher 3 on ultra all day! lol Also if by any chance you are making your build wireless, the ASUS Z87-PRO has wifi-go already on it, and it works great; very low ping in game, and no hiccups. It a little cheaper than the one you posted. Its $119. But i think you can get $30 off with a mail in rebate. (which I don't how to do if anyone can explain that to me? I didn't see anything in the box about it)

Only thing I didn't care much for was the rear panel shield, but I thinks its the same on the one you also picked too, its whatever though. I just would of rather had a cooler looking shield.

Krumpel

Reputable
May 24, 2015

Thats a intel mother board, i want to get a AMD processor. Also you linked the wrong link for pcpartpicker :D.

Krumpel

Reputable
May 24, 2015

Are you sure, I only looked for fx 8350 vs i5 4690k didn't think about others, and i can see i5 4460 is a little more than 8350 but affordable. I have to look into that.

Thanks !

Krumpel

Reputable
May 24, 2015
Ok so i changed the build thanks to Bossyfins and got to this.
Is this better than the first build and will the parts go together well?
I did set my mind on not OC-ing or SLI/Crossfire.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS H97M-PLUSMotherboard
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
Case: Zalman Z11 Case
Power Supply: Corsair VS550