Is this I7-5820K, GTX 980 setup sufficient for my needs?

Helipilot16

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
I am looking into my next computer build.

I7-5820K
Corsair H100i
ASRock X99 Extreame6/ac
A-data XPG Z1 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2133
A-Data Premier Pro SP900 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB ACX 2.0
Still deciding on case....
EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Windows 7

Main uses. I want to make a Flight Simulator with 3 x 27" 1920x1080p 60Hz surround monitors. Along with Lightroom, and video rendering capabilities.

I am curious if there may be a better configuration available for such a price. I may decide to do a single 4K in the future once my wallet has more time to fill up.

Also, is there any way I'd be able to have a 3 monitor setup (Flight Simulator) and a desk set up (Single monitor) all on the same computer whereas I can flip a switch or change a simple setting on my computer to switch from the single monitor mode to separate 3 monitors for flight simulator. Just so I can do my photography and videography at the desk. Then switch the media output to the 3 monitor surround set up for the simulator.

With the simulator 3 monitor set up would I be better off with a sli config in this case. My budget is set and I really don't want to go any higher than is already set. But if performance can be an issue, I am willing to do what it takes for good performance.

Cheers!

Helipilot16

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

LOL, glad to hear it! Most of the others I ask all talk about changing things and I think this is one good machine I made up! Most people into gaming are trying to run tri 4K monitors which graphics are barely able to handle just yet. But I think this rig would give me little to no issues at all!
Thanks.