[SOLVED] Is this laptop any good for gaming?

Apr 26, 2019
Is this laptop any good for running video games like apex legends Even on low settings?
Dell latitude e6540
Intel core i7 4810mq
Ram 8gb DDR3
Amd radeon 8790m 2gb DDR5

Last edited:
Solution
You won't find a decent gaming laptop for that price.

Youtube videos cannot be taken to absolution - people will tweak/hack setups to make it look that way, and some are just flat out lying.
Benchmarks also do not reflect real world performance. They should be used as a reference, as in game performance will likely be lower.

It's pretty good for older games, but newer ones? The gpu is horrible.
For PUBG, the cpu itself is decent, but again, the gpu is horrible. It doesn't even meet the minimum required gpu for the game, which is either GTX 960, or Radeon R7 370.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You won't find a decent gaming laptop for that price.

Youtube videos cannot be taken to absolution - people will tweak/hack setups to make it look that way, and some are just flat out lying.
Benchmarks also do not reflect real world performance. They should be used as a reference, as in game performance will likely be lower.

It's pretty good for older games, but newer ones? The gpu is horrible.
For PUBG, the cpu itself is decent, but again, the gpu is horrible. It doesn't even meet the minimum required gpu for the game, which is either GTX 960, or Radeon R7 370.

Reactions: m1na
Solution
Apr 26, 2019
Ok, its better if you buy a computer on black friday . By the way, you need a laptop or you can buy tower? It would be easy to build a tower that could run your games at good fps.
I need a laptop. Do i have to get a real gaming one to run modern games at high or medium Fps? Is apex and fortnite playable on the previous laptop ? Thanks a lot for your help.