[SOLVED] Is this memory compatible with Aorus Pro Z690 DDR5?

jamok99

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2014
I know this seems like a noob question, but the idea of 'ranks' is throwing me off, and I'd hate to buy incompatible RAM for my new system. I have an Intel 12700K, and plan on buying a Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z690 DDR5 motherboard. I'd like to buy Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 memory for it, 32 gb, either 6000mhz or 5600mhz, which is currently on sale. Looking at Gigabyte's compatibility checker, it looks like the KF560C40BBAK2-32 , which I assume is 2 sticks of 16gb memory, populating 2 of the memory slots (probably A2 and B2 would be my guess) would work in this build https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-AORUS-PRO-rev-1x/support#support-memsup
But the 'ranks' listed are something I don't really understand. Can someone tell me whether my reading of that model of Kingston Fury Beast being compatible is correct? Thanks so much.

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello, sorry to resurrect and old post, but did your motherboard happen to work with the ram out of the box without having to update the bios? i'm also getting the same motherboard and would like to know.