Is this Motherboard compatable with this Ram

oshb5ems

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Hi All

I wanted a certain Motherboard But it was not available and not for quite a few days So I went for the following one a GA-Z97P-D3 Now I have already got a 32Gb kit of Kingstone Hyper-X Savage Ram. Now Iv tried to find out if the ram is OK for this MoBo but all I can find is that KHX2400C11D3K4/16GX is compatable which is the 16Gb equivelent to mine.. So im not sure if I now have done a stupid thing and got the wrong Board if this ram wont fit.. But Im just wondering (hoping) that if this ram compatability chart was out before the hyper-x ram moduals I have so therefore not be shown in the compatabillity list?

Can anyone help at all in my dellema please?

The other thing is Wow havent things changed Like I said on a post I made befor its nearly 20 years since I built a system. I mean the last CPUs I handled had Pins on the undersideLOL And then all the clock speeds and % of overclock used to be done on the actual Mobo with either dip switches or shorting out pins on the Mobo.. Now from reading the manual its all taken care of within the bios?. Its all moved on somewhat since those arcaik times . I even looked at the power for the Mobo its got the ATX 12v 2x4 and the 24 ATX power header I mean Im going to have to have a read up on these like which to use. Same goes for the Sata.. It was just starting to be used back then So Im still right in thinking that there is a Data and seperate power lead for the Hard Drive and CD/DVDs?.

Its such a culture shock at the moment.. At least my Static mat and wristbands are still the same and work as well...

Regards OS

oshb5ems

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

In what way may I ask please? The Bios of old had no where near as much flexability. There seams quite a lot to study on these new bioses LOL.

Thanks OS