Question Is this motion blur on 240hz normal?

HSCSGO

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
I just got the ASUS VG259QM and i noticed that when i move my mouse really fast the motion blur is intense:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFKWyyb65A

is this normal?

Also how do i test my monitor for ghosting, is the UFO test accurate? Cause in game i don't get any ghosting but my cursor in the desktop has a light trail when i move it.

Monitor settings:
Overdrive: 60
ELMB: OFF
Adaptive Sync: OFF

Keep in mind unless you're capturing video with a frame time of basically 1ms (1000 FPS) or faster, it's going to capture some motion blur because the frame is going to capture multiple pixel transitions. Similarly if you're taking a still photo, the exposure time needs to be 1ms or faster.

Also the way most displays work (using sample and hold) makes perceived motion blur unavoidable. If you don't want motion blur, you're going to have to use the monitor's ELMB feature.

HSCSGO

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
Keep in mind unless you're capturing video with a frame time of basically 1ms (1000 FPS) or faster, it's going to capture some motion blur because the frame is going to capture multiple pixel transitions. Similarly if you're taking a still photo, the exposure time needs to be 1ms or faster.

Also the way most displays work (using sample and hold) makes perceived motion blur unavoidable. If you don't want motion blur, you're going to have to use the monitor's ELMB feature.
Thanks for the response, sadly ELMB doesnt fix this, but im guessing some motion blur is normal?

TRE IzDOPE

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
I have an Alienware 240hz monitor, and if you set the response time to "super fast" it adds blur and slight input lag.. On my monitor there is Normal, fast, superfast.. and Fast is the best option. Look and see what your response time is set to and try lowering it and or raising it