Question Is this normal? // cpu electrical current spikes

Feb 17, 2023
View: https://imgur.com/a/9S0pjHz

I don't know anything about the subject but I'm worried and I would like to know if this is normal or could it affect my computer..
so, my processor is a ryzen 7 5700g, 16gb of ram, 1 sdd and an 1 hdd, the power is a 500w bronze redragon rgps

At the time of taking the photos I don't have any program open, nothing heavy, no games, not even the browser. That is why it seems strange to me that it makes peaks of 90A and fluctuates between 40 and 70? It's very unstable and I don't know what it means
I have also noticed that my current stabilizer "turns off" every 15 minutes (the button clicks) there I only have the monitor and the PC plugged in so...

what could it be due to? to the current stabilizer? to the source? or to another type of electrical problem?

sorry for the lousy english, i'm using a translator
Thank you in advance for your help :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I guess my question is what are those measuring?

If I assume 1.4 volts on the CPU that would be 128W, which is a bit much, but not entirely unexpected at short intervals.

The one below it is Thermal current? Showing a much lower value. If we assume 12V, then that is 150 or so watts, which is pretty normal for total system consumption.

CPUs do randomly do work in the background, and as fast as possible.

You don't have Ghz in every picture, but if you have high clock speeds along with the higher power readings, this is likely normal. All the temperatures are certainly well under a maximum load value.

What does it do when you run a benchmark?

I don't know anything about the subject but I'm worried and I would like to know if this is normal or could it affect my computer..
so, my processor is a ryzen 7 5700g, 16gb of ram, 1 sdd and an 1 hdd, the power is a 500w bronze redragon rgps
Ryzen processors use an aggressively opportunistic boosting algorithm. It's normal to see spikes in clocks and voltage even at idle (Windows has dozens of background services running so it's never really idle) so it's also normal to see spikes in current because that's the way the processor works.

Except I'm not really sure Radeon Settings (what that screen looks like) will report processor current draw. As mentioned before get HWInfo64, it's a much better utility for monitoring a more complete set of sensor telemetry streams.