is this normal?

lys

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Node 304
Maximus Impact
NH-U12P SE2

During idle temp is around 35C. CPU fan at around 600rpm. Even the case fan stops with fan xpert2 silence profile.
Now, with prime95, the temp goes up to 80-90C with the fans at its max speed (around 1300rpm)
Pretty noisy and hot i think.
I did the in-place large FFT one.

I have 2 fans on the heatsink. the one on the rear is about 1cm from the case rear fan.

Should I remove the rear fan on the heatsink?

Please dont tell me I have to re-apply the thermal paste or the cpu is not good :(

keep both fans on, now idle temps are good but load temps.....That's not good, and no-one can say that that is fine, because 80-90 degrees is outrageously hot for a un-Overclocked cpu.

Your nightmare has come true, you will have to re-apply thermal paste, and if that is a same outcome, your CPU cooler is defiantly faulty.

lys

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I replaced the cooler with the stock one. Now, the temperature gone up so high the cpu throttle down to 3.4-3.5Ghz. Contacted the seller and will probably end up replacing it.
The GPU is coil whining. One of the cable on the PSU has problem. My plan on playing games during the weekend just ended up so bad :(

lys

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I think I did. Uesd the pea method the first 2 times with Noctua cooler.
For the stock cooler I just used the paste that was on there from the beginning. I know its not the best but it should at least cool the cpu enough so that it wouldn't throttle down right?

TRENDING THREADS